Each summer, Camp Ozark hires several Medical Staff professionals to work on our health services team. The Medical Staff (comprised of licensed, first-rate physicians and nurses) have a unique opportunity to use their skills as highly qualified health care providers while supporting the overall mission of Camp Ozark.
The overall responsibility of the Medical Staff is to support the health and safety of not only our campers, but our staff as well. The Medical Staff serve over 1200 people on a weekly basis. Interested candidates must possess the ability to learn quickly, be flexible, demonstrate a positive attitude and willingness to serve others, and bear applicable clinical experience for this setting. Medical Staff duties include, but are not limited to:
- Organizing and distributing camper and staff medications.
- Staffing two on-site Health Centers.
- Responding to and treating health and wellness-related needs as they arise.
- Managing camper and staff health records.
- Serving as on-call professional medical help, including occasionally as an overnight designate.
Specific qualifications for interested nursing candidates include, but are not limited to:
- Being an enthusiastic, highly qualified medical professional.
- Having either a compact license or a current Arkansas nursing license that is in good standing (or the ability to obtain such a license).
· Having a current BLS certification (ACLS and/or PALS preferred and highly recommended, but not required).
· Having the ability and availability to serve for a two week camp session. There are no one week options for nurses at this time.
Specific qualifications for interested physician candidates include, but are not limited to:
- Being an enthusiastic, highly qualified medical professional with applicable clinical skills for the camp setting.
- Having a current Arkansas medical license that is in good standing (or the ability to obtain such a license).
· Having a current BLS and ACLS certification.
· Having the ability and availability to serve for one week during a camp session.
The Medical Staff works under the direction and supervision of the Health Center Coordinator and Camp Owners. The Medical Staff play a pivotal behind-the-scenes role in the experience of Camp Ozark. Indeed, the Medical Staff get to work behind-the-scenes in an exciting, kid-oriented, Christian environment. The hours are long and the work is challenging, but the job is very rewarding!
If you are interested in applying for a position as Camp Nurse or Camp Doctor, please click here to complete a Medical Staff Application.