Each summer, Camp Ozark hires up to 15 college-aged young people to serve as members of the administrative staff. Administrative staff members have the unique opportunity to use their organizational, and customer service skills to serve the overall mission of Camp Ozark.
The overall responsibility of an Office Staff member is to help facilitate the efficient and effective operation of the Camp Ozark Office. There are 3 primary roles in which a member of the administrative staff may serve: Office Assistant, Post Office Assistant, and Courier.
Daily Office Assistant duties include, but are not limited to:
- Basic administrative work such as data entry, answering the telephones, and filing
- Being the voice of Camp Ozark for all PA announcements and the day to day schedule
- Coordination and organization of camper packets and awards
- Direct and indirect communication with camp families
Daily Post Office Assistant duties include, but are not limited to:
- Sorting and distributing all camp mail and packages
- Managing Lost and Found items
- Assist in the coordination of FedEx and UPS receiving/shipping
Daily Courier duties include, but are not limited to:
- Picking up mail each morning
- Transport of campers and staff to and from the airport
- Shopping trips for program, administrative, and facility needs
All Junior Staff- Administration can expect to learn valuable lessons in customer service, time management, organizational skills, and business operations. All staff work under the direction of full-time Camp Ozark staff, and play a crucial role in the experience, ministry, and outreach of Camp Ozark. All necessary training is provided.
Finally, all members of the Junior Staff get to work in an exciting, kid-oriented Christian environment alongside talented and passionate college students. The hours are long and the work is challenging, but the job is very rewarding!
If you have any questions or would like additional information about the Junior Staff- Administration position, please email us at [email protected]