Each summer, Camp Ozark hires up to 15 college-aged young people to serve as members of the Retail Services- Staff, also referred to as Store Staff. Our Store Staff members have the unique opportunity to use their organizational, and customer service skills to serve the overall mission of Camp Ozark.
The overall responsibility of a Retail Services staff member is to help facilitate the efficient and effective operation of the Camp Ozark retail operations. There are two camp stores at Camp Ozark, each of which offers a wide variety of drinks, food, clothing and other camp items. In addition, many Store items can be purchased via the Camp Ozark Online Store, and the Store Staff also helps facilitate these orders. Store Staff duties include, but are not limited to:
- Restocking and inventory of food and drink items
- Restocking and inventory of clothing and gift items
- Camper and staff uniform distribution
- Working Store registers during Mish Mash, Special Events, Staff Time, Opening Day, and Closing Day
- Coordination and delivery of Care Packages, Birthday Packages, and other items purchased via the Camp Ozark Online Store
- Cleaning and organization of both Camp Stores
- Daily Camper Cabin Inspection
All Junior Staff- Retail Services can expect to learn valuable lessons in customer service, teamwork, organizational skills, and retail operations. All Store Staff work under the direction ,of full-time Camp Ozark staff, and play a crucial role in the experience, ministry, and outreach of Camp Ozark. All necessary training will be provided.
Finally, all members of the Store Staff get to work in an exciting, kid-oriented Christian environment alongside talented and passionate college students. The hours are long and the work is challenging, but the job is very rewarding!
If you have any questions or would like additional information about the Junior Staff- Retail Services position, please email us at [email protected]