EACH SUMMER CAMP OZARK HIRES UP TO 50 COLLEGE-AGED YOUNG PEOPLE FROM SEVERAL COUNTRIES SUCH AS AUSTRALIA, IRELAND, UNITED KINGDOM, AND NEW ZEALAND, TO SERVE AS PROGRAM COUNSELORS. THE POSITION OF PROGRAM COUNSELOR IS AN INTEGRAL PART OF CAMP, AND IS FOR THOSE WHO DESIRE TO HAVE FUN, LIVE WITH, LOVE, AND MINISTER TO CAMPERS. CAMP OZARK PROGRAM COUNSELORS HAVE THE UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO USE THEIR TALENTS TO WORK DIRECTLY WITH CHILDREN, TEACH ACTIVITY CLASSES, LEAD DEVOTIONALS AND TO SERVE THE OVERALL MISSION OF CAMP OZARK.
The overall responsibility of a Program Counselor is to serve as an upbeat Christian role model for all Camp Ozark campers. Program Counselors supervise, sometimes live with, and mentor Camp Ozark campers. Program Counselors have many other opportunities to serve Camp Ozark campers as well. Program Counselor duties include, but are not limited to:
- Can be assigned to directly oversee 10 to 12 campers in a cabin
- Teaching classes in one or more areas of the Camp Ozark morning program
- Coaching a team of campers each morning during Team Competition
- Supervising an area of camp during Mish Mash (campers’ free time)
- Spending time with campers when not on duty during Mish Mash
- Supervising and participating in Special Events (nightly parties)
- Leading nightly cabin devotionals alongside other Camp Ozark staff
All Program Counselors can expect to learn valuable lessons in working with children, group management, teaching, communication, teamwork, and servanthood. All Program Counselors work under the direction and supervision of both full-time staff and senior summer staff. Camp Ozark Program Counselors play a pivotal role in the experience, ministry and outreach of Camp Ozark. Previous experience working with children is not required, but preferred.
Finally, all Program Counselors get to work in an exciting, kid-oriented Christian environment alongside other talented and passionate college students. The hours are long and the work is challenging, but the job is very rewarding!
If you have any questions or would like additional information about the Program Counselor position, please email us at email@example.com.