EACH SUMMER, CAMP OZARK HIRES UP TO 25 COLLEGE-AGED YOUNG PEOPLE TO SERVE AS MEMBERS OF THE CORE SWAT TEAM. “SWAT” STANDS FOR SERVANTS WORKING ALL TOGETHER, AND CORE SWAT IS FOR THOSE INDIVIDUALS WHO DESIRE TO USE THEIR WORK ETHIC AND HEART OF A SERVANT IN A BEHIND-THE-SCENES CAPACITY. THE SERVICES THAT CORE SWAT PERFORMS ARE VITAL TO CAMP OZARK AND HELP TO FACILITATE THE OVERALL MISSION OF CAMP OZARK.
The overall responsibility of the Core SWAT Team is to assist in a wide variety of behind-the-scenes maintenance, program and facility activities.
Core SWAT duties include, but are not limited to:
- Emptying trash cans from around camp
- Cleaning of all bathhouses and bathrooms
- Assisting in the Dining Halls to clean pots, pans and trays
- Setting up and taking down Special Events
- Loading/Unloading and transport of camper luggage during Opening and Closing Day
- In-camp transport of various camp items and equipment
- Helping to maintain the camp property and facilities
All Core SWAT members can expect to learn valuable lessons in hard work, teamwork, camp operations, and facility maintenance. The Core SWAT team works under the direction of full-time Camp Ozark staff, and plays a crucial role in the upkeep, appearance, ministry and outreach of Camp Ozark. All necessary training is provided.
Finally, all members of Core SWAT get to work in an exciting, kid-oriented Christian environment alongside other talented and passionate college students. The hours are long and the work is challenging, but the job is very rewarding!
If you have any questions or would like additional information about the Core SWAT position, please email us at [email protected]